Thursday, August 13, 2009

Wágner presented to the media

Today, Lokomotiv Moscow finally presented their new man, Wágner. The Brazilian signed for Lokomotiv for 4 and a half years. It is good to bear in mind that the former Cruzeiro wizard was signed for €6million. As you can see in the photo Wágner chose the number 13. Immediately after the presentation, Wágner was interviewed by the official website of Lokomotiv. In summary, the midfielder was asked:

Wagner, first of all welcome to Loko! Did you heard of Lokomotiv before? Have you consulted some one before joining the club?
"I know that Lokomotiv is a club with rich tradition, and made its name both in Russia and Europe. Before joining Lokomotiv I consulted Charles (Wágner's former team mate at Cruzeiro), who gave me a detailed overview of life in Moscow.
What do you think of Moscow?
"Unfortunately I arrived yesterday and I hadn't enough time to visit the entire capital. Yesterday I went to the Red Square and then I went to watch the exhibition match between Russia and Argentina. I couldn't miss it for sure! Of course being a Brazilian I sided with Russia!! Furthermore I was impressed by the Lokomotiv Stadium, particularly the playing surface which really pleased me.
Which is your favourite position?
"My favourite position is to play either behind the striker or on the left flank. My style of play is that of supplying ball to my team mates."
Next Sunday Lokomotiv will play against CSKA. Do you know Vágner Love?
"Yes I know him. In addition in 2007 we played together for the Brazilian National Team against Norway."
Why did you choose the number 13?
I'm not superstitious; for me the number 13 is just like any other number. Actually I choose the number 13 for two logical reasons. 13 is day on which I signed with Lokomotiv (13 August) and 13 is the year in which my contract will come to an end (2013)
What do you think of the Lokomotiv fans?
"First of all I would like to say that it's my pleasure to be here in Lokomotiv. I want to bring my new fans lots of success. Hope that they enjoy my football and they come to the stadium week in, week out!"


ALL THE BEST WAGNER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment