Sunday, July 12, 2009

Finally, break is over!!

Finally the Premier Liga is back!! To say the truth I really missed it. 4 weeks seemed tooo long! Certainly I'm not alone. For sure also the players are raring to go. The installation of Semin seemed to have instilled both a sense of beleif and a high motivation amongst the players, something which they lacked for the previous seasons.

Despite the persisting talk of a squad overhaul, only one player left (Ivanov to Krylya Sovetov) the camp while no one eventually arrived. It's no secret that I hoped for a signing of a playmaker such as Loskov or Izmailov. The talk of potential arrivals, as always, except the one of Ciro really thrilled me. Usually as a result of my cynicism towards the management, I get infuriated easily when we do not sign any needed player or otherwise sign a player which we totally don't need. However this time nothing similar occured. I totally belief in Yury Semin, and I am 110% sure that he knows what he is doing. He was the man who build the club and I am sure he will be the man that will re-build the club again!!

Today Lokomotiv host Tom Tomsk in a match which is being billed as the first step towards Lokomotiv revival. Key players such as Bilyaletdinov, Glushakov, Odemwingie and Asatiani are expected to mark their return. However other key players are still being left out injured. Torbinsky and Basa are just two of them. For the match, Guilherme is expected to take over Marek Cech between the sticks while there is the talk that Bilyaletdinov may start on the right wing. With regards to the latter I strongly believe that Bilyaletdinov have all the credentials to excel, while regarding the former I can't wait to finally see him in action. Recall that Guilferme was brought to Moscow 2 years ago and still he have to make his first appearance for Lokomotiv. Credit to him he never moaned or something and his patience may be finally and justly repaid! Best of luck Guilherme!!!

Match Preview
Who? Lokomotiv - Tom
Where? Lokomotiv Stadium
Date? 12 July 2009 (today)
Time? 17.30 (Moscow time), 15.30 (C.E.T.)
FORZA LOKO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment