Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh my Pav!!!


3 matches in and now I am, as perhaps the majority of Lokomotiv fans, really regretting the fact that Lokomotiv weren't able to sign a pure striker - someone in the form of Roman Pavlyuchenko. Although as in previous posts I made my point that I wasn't 100% sure that Roman Pav would be a good signing, with my reasoning being what I deemed an exagarated fee, the fact that I would not for any reason want to see Dmitry Sychev on the bench and his Spartak past, now I had a change of heart and following the three matches played I believe that Lokomotiv would be by far more stronger with Pavlyuchenko up front.

It's true that following his good performances for Kuban last season and his scintalling form in the pre-season, Dramane Traore deserves to get the long awaited opportunity to prove himself with Lokomotiv - but I also strongly believe that the time is rife to deliver. Although his length and strength will for sure made life difficult for the defenders faced to date, one would expect some sort of return in 2 and a half matches in a one-striker formation. Don't get me wrong. Traore have a lot of potential, but he needs to start to deliver. Maybe all he needs to unleash himself is just one goal - well hope so. Although I am no Semin and no great coach, I believe that a striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation should be a clinical complete striker - that is strong in the air, good with his feet and takes his chances - something which to date Traore wasn't.

Unlike Traore, our Sychev doens't meet such credentials. Although the former Marseille striker has the potential to be one of the best forwards in Russia, nowadays Sychev is more of a forward rather than a striker and thus I deem him inappropriate to fill the striker role. Actually in the game against Krylya Sovetov, where he assisted Traore, Sychev had a good game. Although as aforementioned I am no coach and have average knowledge about tactics, I believe that Sychev would be by far more effective playing either as a supportive striker or an inside forward, preferably on the right - a position which we may be lacking. In 3 games Semin played 3 different players, Odemwingie on the first, Torbinsky in the 2nd and Glushakov against Spartak. The latter is competent - Torbinsky is good, but by far more effective on the left given that he is a natural left winger, while with regards to the Nigerian - no comments. Although I hope for a revival from Peter - it's clear that Odemwingie is by far a different player when he wears the green of the Super Eagles. Maybe lack of commitment? Could be.

Maicon? Still a player with an unknown quantity. And should Pavlyuchenko have joined us I don't beleive that the Brazlian would have came to Moscow. So yes in poor words - I REGRET THAT FORMER spartak STAYED AT TOTTENHAM! Moreover, last January Tottenham held for a fee superior to 10mln, next summer they will hold out for an even higher one following his recent fine performance. Pavlyuchenko to Lokomotiv - quite improbable - I truly hope I am wrong .... unless Traore unleash himself the same way he did in the pre-season.

Another option could be giving youngster Aleksandr Minchenkov a run in. Last year he clearly showed that he is more than capable to fill the boots of a striker - as he has the length and is equally good with his feet. The fact that he is a Lokomotiv graduate is a bonus.

What about Artem Milevskiy? Frankly, quite impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment