Monday, February 1, 2010

Aliev officially a Railwayman


At long last!! When Aliev's transfer to Lokomotiv was all but a dream never materialising for us Lokomotiv fans, in 24 hours the management did what they weren't be able to do in 2 months. Six in the evening was the Moscow time when the most anticipated move of the Lokomotiv off-season was finally made official. Finally, Aliev was presented as a Lokomotiv player. Evident from various internet portals such as lokomotiv.info, red-green fans response to the move was nothing other then enthusiastic! Having waited for his signing since the end of the last season, such reaction was for sure understandable!!

According to http://www.fclm.ru/, Aleksandr signed a contract of 3 years. The fee involved is thoughted to be around 8 million, which should be paid in two installements. The 24 year old Ukrainian international will be playing with the number 88.

Immediately after the presentation to the media, the player was interviewed the following questions:
Does Yury Semin played an important role in your transfer to Lokomotiv?
Yes, it did. He wanted me in his team for all costs, something which actually I wasn't opposed. Semin is my coach. Another reason for moving to Moscow was the fact that I want to return to weat the national shirt of Ukraine, something which was difficult to get in Ukraine as I had few chances to get into the line-up of Dynamo Kiev.
Under which number will you play?
My favourite number is 8 but due to the fact that it was unavailable, I choose the number 88.
At Dynamo you played in the centre of the park. Where are expecting to play at Lokomotiv?
To tell you the truth we didn't spoke in this topic but anyways it's down to Semin. At Dynamo I featured both on the right and the left but strictly speaking my favourite position is that of a central midfielder.
Do you know any Lokomotiv player?
Yes I know Dmitry Torbinsky from the time we passed together at the football school of Spartak Moscow. Moreover I know also Malkhaz Asatiani and Rodolfo as like me they played at Dynamo Kiev. In general I should't have any language barriers. I am sure that my time at Lokomotiv will be a success.
Did you and your family already transfered to Moscow?
We did not have yet decided to live - that is if in Moscow or the countryside. Moreover we have a small baby - a daughter Alina which is just 4 months old. I think we will deal with this question in the near future.

On 6 October of 2009 I wrote a post on this same blog regarding the possible transfer of Aliev; and I ended the article writing the following:

"It would be another dream coming true seeing the man (Aliev) in a red & green shirt
with the number 10 printed on it's back. . . "

Although Aliev won't be carrying the number Loskov carried, tonight I am one heck of a happy man. Can't wait to see Aliev wearing the red-green shirt in the upcoming championship!! Personally this transfer will result on one hack of a transfer coup. We had been lacking a cultured playermaker such as Aleksandr since the departure of Loskov. Actually I believe that he will be our new Loskov - our new leader.
WELCOME ON BOARD
&
ALL THE BEST ALIEV!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment