Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lokomotiv take home the 3 points

After a stop due to the international break, today Lokomotiv resumed it's quest to obtain the third place. Although playing a little bit poorly, Lokomotiv at least delivered and obtained the three points. Spartak Nalchik will for sure feel a little bit hard done however no one can say that Lokomotiv stole anything from the match. The penalty was crystal clear and it was deservedly awarded. To be sincere, today I couldn't follow Lokomotiv the way I did to date. My mind was too much full of thoughts. Every time i saw the ball going from one point to another I just couldn't help myself but reflect on what happened last Thursday. I was just running as Sychev, Odemwingie, Asildarov, Arshavin, Zhirkov, anyways just like any other football player till I fumbled and broke my ankle. How could my favourite sport treat me that way? 3 days had passed and still I cannot come in terms to the reality. I just couldn't watch the match without thinking, reflecting and wondering on what had happened to me. Actually I was too mixed up that I couldn't stay tuned to the whole match; that is this time I will be unable to rate the player's performances. For this, I offer you my apologies.

In order to cut off the boredom currently I am in, I was really looking forward for the Loko match. But well, also in this case life made things difficult for me. The page I usually used to watch Lokomotiv games couldn't load. Thus meaning that I lost the best first minutes of the match. Anyways the first minutes I watched gave me the impression that Lokomotiv weren't so motivated; however this can't be said to Loko's counterparts. Nevertheless they are in a relegation battle. But with a third place within reach I believe that we should have been a little more motivated. Keeping the same formation, Syomin made only two changes from last encounter against Kuban. Rodolfo's injury gave a chance to Mark Basha to impress while on the other hand Torbinsky was favoured over Gatagov. Guilherme started in goal while Kocsis, Asatiani and Yanbaev completed the back line. Dujmovic and Glushakov protected the back four while Odemwingie and Wagner together with Torbinsky assisted Sychev up front. As I had already said, the first half failed to produce any actions of note, albeit it forced Semin to replace Wagner with Gatagov. All this was due to injury to the former. The first half soon ended as it started. Nil-Nil was the score.

The second half seemed to continue the way the first one ended. However as time passed by Lokomotiv started to hold a little bit more possesion and restrict the home club into their half. On the 64 the minute, Odemwingie laid the ball to Gatagov who in turn sprinted through onto Nalchik's area, only to be brought down by Nalchik defender Amisulashvili. Sychev lined up and made no mistake from 11 metres. Credit to Nalchik keeper Radic who guessed the way and got a touch onto the ball. However, luck was on Sychev side on the day. After the goal, the match continued the way it was, that is rarely were the times that Spartak threatened. Unsurprisingly Lokomotiv won the match and the three points which sent them into the third place. On the other side Spartak continue to languish in the 15th place and with their place in the Premier Liga looming.

No comments:

Post a Comment